Home Heating System Installation & Repair in Guelph
Your home should be a place of comfort. If you don’t have an efficient heating system, your home will lack this necessity. There are many different technologies available for heating your home, including:
- Central heat – which includes furnaces, boilers and heat pumps
- Direct heat – which includes gas-fired space heaters, electric space heaters, wood-burning stoves, pellet stoves and fireplaces
- State-of-the-art heating – which includes radiant floor heat, ductless heat, mini-split heat, multi-split heat and combined heat and power
With all of these great options to choose from, you’re bound to find the right heating system that meets the needs of your home along with your budget. Murray Young Enterprises Inc. offers installation and maintenance for many of these heating systems. Whether your boiler needs some repairs or you’re interested in installing a new fireplace in your home, call us at 519-763-0459. Our experienced technicians are dedicated to providing you with exceptional customer service.
10 Tips to Tune-up Your Heating System
- Book a check-up: Schedule service every fall to keep your heating system running safely and efficiently.
- Inspect your detectors: All systems that burn fuel give off gases, so put a fresh battery in your carbon monoxide detector to stay safe.
- Clear the clutter: Keep the area around your furnace clear and be sure to keep flammable items far away from your heating system.
- Change or clean furnace filters: Do this to improve air quality and airflow. Refer to your owner’s manual to see how often you should do this.
- Wrap your tank: Add an electric water heater blanket to insulate and reduce energy loss by up to 40%.
- Set to save: To save money on heating bills, set your thermostat to 21°C when you’re at home. Lower it about 18°C when you’re sleeping to or to 16°C when you’re away from home.
- Blow hot air: Set your ceiling fan to spin clockwise to circulate the hot air downwards.
- Seal the leaks: Caulk, seal or weather strip drafts around doors and windows to reduce heating costs up to 30%.
- Seal ducts: About 20% of your airflow is lost due to leaky or disconnected ducts. Seal holes and cracks with mastic sealant or foil tape (avoid “duct” tape as it doesn’t last long).
- Control humidity: Keep humidity levels at 30% to 40% so your home will feel warmer and more comfortable.
For expert installation and maintenance on your home heating system, you can depend on Murray Young Enterprises Inc!